Monday, October 6, 2008

Fall is in the air

What a fun day we had on Sunday! Every year we go up to Bayfield for the Apple Fest. Every year I say we should stop at this pumpkin farm we drive by. This year we stopped and what fun we had! This guy has tons of pumpkins, gourds, Indian corn and more! The girls talked us in to going through the corn maze, twice! It was a beautiful day for it and who could resist? I have to say if you're in for a drive you must go here. There are no crowds, it's just a cute mom and pop kind of place perfect for great photos! I absolutely loved it! Next year we're going to go to Racheli's and get our gourmet deli sandwiches and have a picnic lunch. Racheli's has the most delicious sandwiches, crostinis and gorgonzola dip that you could ever eat! We've been stopping at Racheli's for about 2 years. The place is a work in progress, and the family is super nice. I have to say that the sons that work with the father are pretty hot Italian men. They leave me a little tongue tied! Both of these places are in Ashland WI about a 2 1/2 hour drive from my house but well worth it.

Oh and the Apple Fest it was great too! Tons and tons of people! It was another great parade and great apple pie. Too bad I spent all my money at the craft fair, pumpkin farm and deli I left without even one apple! Note to self, next time bring more cash!

By the way I'm trying to see if I can get Racheli's to cater one of the meals for the crop up in Bayfield for us in April. It will be under one condition, the hot Italian men must be the ones to bring the food!

Don's Berry & Pumpkin Patch
27190 US 2 West
Ashland WI 54806

No comments: