Sunday, July 13, 2008

Strawberries

My friend Lynn gave me a great idea to go to the strawberry patch. My thought was we would drive up to Cloverdale and buy a bucket or two and head home. Much to my surprise you had to pick your own. Yikes, I haven't berry picked since Savannah was Lauren's age! I thought to myself, they won't want Ella in the strawberry patch. Just then a guy walks by with 3 little kids. So I grabbed the sunscreen rubbed the two whities down (that's what I call them. Seriously I think they glow they are so white!) and away we went. And guess what? We had a great time. The day was just perfect, the wind kept the heat and the bugs down and we picked two huge buckets. I took great photos, I'll post some of them later. The girls thought it was great fun getting red fingers, and they loved munching while picking. We had so much fun that in two weeks we're going back for blueberries and raspberries! So if you're ever looking for something fun to do I suggest berry picking up in Cloverdale at High Hopes Berry Farm. And hey if you're looking to get into the berry business it's for sale. I was so afraid Ron wanted to buy it. I have no time to run a berry farm!
Don't forget to stop in for the Thrifty Thursday sale. Just to let you know what the sales were the last two weeks: 30% off t-shirts, and last Thursday was 50% off a bunch of stamps. So stop in, you'll never know what goes on sale this Thursday!
Remember art in the park is on Saturday. We'll be doing free make and takes on Saturday on the sidewalk until 3:00. You'll score great bargains at our sidewalk sale too. So make sure to come and visit us!
I hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments: