Friday, February 29, 2008

Wow, what a day!

The last 36 hours have been a rough one for this family! First off, Ella got sick, and I mean sick. My poor mother went home covered in vomit. All I can say is better her than me! I'm a bit of a germaphob so I've been disinfecting everything. Telling Lauren and Ron not to touch their eyes or nose so they don't get sick. I got home yesterday and picked up Ella and gave her a big squeeze, she looked at me and sneezed right in my eye, what are the odds! Nothing like 10,000 germs directly to the 'ol eyeball!
Ron and I stayed up late last night. I was ordering more cool new stuff and Ron was up at the store moving gondolas for me. I was dead asleep and about 3:00 a.m. the phone rang. I grabbed it and it was Savannah crying hysterically she had rolled her car! Come to find out she was only 2 miles from the house! She had just left her babysitting job and was going home to Mora when she hit a bad spot in the road and rolled her car into the ditch. She thought she was fine but all her stuff was scattered all over the road. And if any of you know Savannah, she doesn't travel light! She couldn't use her cell phone to call because it had been tossed about and she couldn't find it. She had to go to a neighbors house to call us. The poor neighbor, Savannah was screaming and crying, they shut the door on her to begin with. It didn't help that they couldn't speak English. I called 911 for her. The dispatcher asked what kind of car she had, I couldn't remember. He asked where exactly she was, and I didn't know exactly. He asked what her cell number was, and I didn't know that either. He said to me: "So what you're telling me is that your Daughter is in the ditch and you don't know where she is, or what she is driving and you don't know her cell number." Hey buddy, give me a break, it's 3:00 in the morning, I'm a little dazed and confused. All ended well. Ron jumped in the van and was there in a matter of minutes. The cops weren't far behind and the next neighbor down is a Braham fireman. They all took really good care of her and calmed her down. After that we were off to the ER to make sure she had no broken bones. But, like I said, she is fine. She has bumps and bruises and her car is all banged up, but she is alive and grateful. While in the middle of all of this all Savannah could think of is that the last time she talked to me she didn't tell me she loved me because she was mad at me. The moral of the story is always hug and say I love you and slow down!
P.S. I couldn't resist taking a picture of Savannah in the ER. She was so mad at me for taking the picture. I told her that if she was going to be okay we would be able to look back at this one day and laugh. Look for the layout soon at the store!

No comments: