Friday, May 1, 2009

So I've started gardening again...

So I've started gardening again, I'd like to say I'm loving it instead I'll say I'm in pain! Wow pulling weeds uses a whole entire muscle group that I haven't used in years!
I thought it would be a great activity for the girls. They are being helpful Lauren more than Ella. Ella just keeps tramping through my lettuce along with the cat we are borrowing!
My yard is dirt, trees and weeds. It's very depressing. I love all the well groomed gardens in the magazines but I'm just not good at doing that in this enormous space I have. So this year I'm turning my front yard into my garden! We have a dirt pile in the middle of our driveway with a flag pole in the middle. It was going to be a beautiful butterfly garden, now it is my vegetable garden. I'm going to throw in sunflowers, marigolds and cosmos to go with it to liven it up. I think it might just turn out pretty cute! I'm going to plant corn next to the garage along with beans and cucumbers. I'm going to throw in some flower seeds with that as well. I don't get as much sun in the backyard so it wouldn't work for a garden anyway. We'll see how it turns out in the front yard. Who knows maybe I'll do it every year, or maybe not...

No comments: